If the thought of having a birthday party for kids in your Norristown house or apartment makes your blood pressure spike, then you’re not alone…
Many parents envision children running around, wrecking the furniture and messing up the carpet.
There’s hope – it doesn’t have to be that way. You can plan a safe, entertaining and inclusive birthday in even the most intimate of apartments.
How? Simply follow these 5 Simple Rules:
- Keep it simple. A never-miss birthday party formulaincludes party games, entertainment, pizza, cake, presents and good-byes. If you stay with this tried and true formula, then you’ll see fun, laughter and joy on the faces of kids and adults alike.
- Keep it active. Time flies when you’re having fun! Give yourself the ability to set the pace of the party by planning more activities than you think you’ll need.
- A good rule of thumb is to have an activity handy for every 10-15 minute block of time.
- After about 30-45 minutes of games, treat the kids to an appearance by a professional birthday party entertainer.
- Relax and enjoy the show, and before you know it, it’ll be time for the kids to go home.
- Keep it structured. Before the party, set expectations and go over the guidlines with your son or daughter.
- Close doors to rooms where guests should not go.
- Hang balloons and decorations to define the party area
- Keep it short.
- If you have a toddler or preschooler, then a party that runs between 60 to 90 minutes is ideal.
- If your child is older, then aim for a party that runs between 2 to 3 hours.
- Keep it manageable. I understand the pressure you may feel to invite the entire class or splurge on a bigger birthday party. But here’s the truth…
- You don’t need to.
- Only plan a party that you know you can manage. That way, you’ll have a chance to relax and enjoy the day, too.
- So, in between the greeting, the supervising, the food serving and cake cutting, find a chance to soak up all the fun, laughter and joy.
- Why? Because you deserve it.
If you follow these 5 Simple Rules, then you can be assured that many of your worries and fears will disappear, well, like magic!